Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Is it really worth it??

So the hot topic at work and home has been social networking and blogs. I obviously have a blog, and you can tell from my last post (JUNE!!!)how often I use it. But I do use Facebook and MySpace, not that I am addicted to Facebook. But it has helped me reconnect with old friends. It wasn't till recently that I realized that power of social networking. My friends Facebook messages, instead of texting or calling. You can get the news fast by using Twitter. I talk to my family more online than offline!! Talk about making it personal. I will admit that thanks to technology I can talk to my family that is outside Ohio everyday online, which is great! But what happen to picking up the phone and calling! Have we really become that lazy?

2 comments:

Nebraska Sustainable Agriculture Society said...

Yes, social networking is growing quite rapidly and has the potential to reach vast numbers of people in a short amount of time. For example last fall an Amber Alert went out nationwide, and the father who was missing his daughter tweeted this as well. In a matter of minutes, via twitter, this "status" update reached millions and it was a happy ending. As far as being to lazy to call, is not the phone another adaptation of connecting, shall we say "digitally?" How about physically visiting someone? Shall we compare visits to Ohio from said person in comparison to visits by another said person to Nebraska?

Cilla said...

While I agree with you on that...people should actually physically visit each other.