Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lent cont.

So I have been thinking more and more about lent. What should I give up? Should I give up anything? What to do!! Everything I thought about giving up are things that I should be giving up anyways: pop, chocolate, eating out, etc. So is that really a sacrifice?

Then I started thinking (thanks to inspiration from the boy on this one), instead of giving up something, should I devote more time to God? Reading the bible more, praying more...you know stuff that counts. I'm sure that God appreciates the sacrifice of giving up pop, but don't you think he would really enjoy US spending more time with HIM? But then I was thinking, ok so Lent, I'm more devoted to God, then what happens after Easter? Nothing should happen, my devotion should just keep growing. Right?

The real challenge is taking time out in our crazy lives to spend time with our heavenly Father. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

3 comments:

Susan said...

I thought the point was to give up something so you can devote more time to God? Thanks for posting this--I haven't thought about it yet and here we are just a few days away...

Cilla said...

That's true, however we should always devote more time to God. A friend told me last night that you should talk to God more than anyone else each day. He should be first. It really got me thinking...

Susan said...

Oh I know we always should strive for that. But sometimes, we forget and thank goodness, we have Lent to bring us back!

And I'm not really that anxious over writing a resume, but I sure did have fun writing that post :)